Saving Face//Skin Care by grace-milbourne
Despite the El Nino weather situation happening outdoors, I’ve still transitioned my skin care to a ‘weather buffering’ routine. That means being more careful with touching my face with towels, using less hot water, and always patting (versus scrubbing) dry!
But, product junkie me, leans heavily on a few old, and newer tools to really amp up the skincare arsenal. I can’t wait to share these!
1. Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum This product is fairly new to my routine. Serums help bind moisture to your skin (morning and night) after you cleanse, and improve the effectiveness of any other products you put on afterwards. This serums also improves appearance of dark spots, promotes even skin tone, and boosts radiance. I’m sold.
2. Embryolisee Lait Creme Concentre is a French pharmacy classic. Worthy of a check-your-bag vs. carry on, if you catch my drift. This moisturizer smells super fresh, and I’ve been using as a night cream, that can layer on top of any other serums, or topicals I’m using.
3. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask has been a skin savior since this summer. If I’m ever out way too late, or my skin is flaky/weird, this is a great K-town find that you can slip on before bed, and wake up with hydrated and soothed skin.
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish This one is goodie. This gentle sugar scrub buffs off that pesky dead skin from your lips. I also wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to taste it …. it smells that heavenly. That red lipstick won’t cake over that pout now!
5. Ending with the classic Vaseline. The product really does it all; I love waking up feeling how moisturized my lips are from one swipe, 8+ hours later. Some other ways to use Vaseline are on dry skin patches, or eyelids for a ethereal and fresh glow.
What winter beauty tricks do you have up you (turtleneck) sleeves? Let me know if you’ve tried any of my favorites too.