OH the turtleneck. It’s a frequent conversation topic for my work friends, and I. The girls revere turtlenecks as the ultimate winter layering piece, or classic sweater staple. The men? Well they joke about a grandma vibe, but let them chatter … we’ll be sitting all toasty warm in the corner.
Let’s count the different styling options:
- Over a flowy or fit and flare skirt with a killer pair of heels. We can’t go totally elderly.
- Keep your hair tucked in for a faux-bob.
- A thick knit with light-wash boyfriend jeans, and slingbacks.
- Thin turtleneck underneath a thicker turtleneck. Feel free to push up those shirt sleeves and show the pairing.
- Underneath a blazer, nubby house coat, or really anything else.
- A neutral look head-to-toe.
If you have any great ideas for how you wear your turtleneck feel free to share. I’m always up for some new inspo.
And if you wanna follow along with more Steeped in Style posts, you can follow the blog via RSS/email (on the right column of the site) or through bloglovin’.